LEARN THE ORGANIZATIONAL COGNIZANCE MODEL™
The Organization Cognizance Model™ and Org Graph share a mission to empower every individual contributor in your company to be able to understand and embrace this 14 Point Checklist about their job and to visualize The 14 Point Checklist through an interactive organizational charting software they can see and understand via the OGraph org graph.
The Organizational Cognizance Model ™ 14 Point Checklist
- I know the Purpose of my Job.
- I know what Positions or “Roles” I fill as part of my Job and I know the Purpose of each of these Positions.
- I know who I Report To.
- I know who I am Mentored By.
- I know who I turn to for Coaching in each of my Positions
- I know what Teams I am Part Of and Why.
- I know what Meetings I Attend and Why.
- I know what Entities (Clients, Projects, Contracts) I Interact with.
- I know what Workflows my Job and Positions participate in.
- I know what Processes I follow and maintain as part of my Job and Positions.
- I know what Systems I login to and Why, and I know how to use them.
- I know the Objectives I am pursuing and how they align with Co. Objectives.
- I know the Key Results I must hit to be doing a good job.
- I know what Skills I need now and in the future.
Cognizance: It is called: “The Organizational Cognizance Model”. When an individual can check off these 14 things they will be organizationally cognizant, not just aware. They can visualize these 14 points with an Org Graph.
An example, awareness is when you smell smoke, cognizance is when you know what you smell is the smoke from the cozy fireplace in the den vs an electrical fire in the wall.
"When I sat down, faced the reality, and modeled the cost to my company of not bringing new people up to speed using the 14 Point Checklist, I saw it was in the hundreds of thousands.”
- Clay G, CEO
“The really cool thing about using an Org Graph was to get all of our people into the game. Once our Individual Contributors saw how this was something we were doing “For Them” instead of “To Them”, they bought in and the Org Graph bloomed with amazing detail - all supplied by the people who really know what’s going on, amazing.”
- Bryan B, CEO
"Our engagement is up, our teams are more effective, people are able to go directly to the right person for an answer, when we want to change something we can SEE who it will impact and get them involved. All of this was hidden in the past behind layers of folders and files, text and outlines, never in simple diagrams and pictures, very powerful.”
- David, CEO
"The different ways to visualize the same thing really is amazing, sometimes I would look at what we created via a Hierarchical view and it was just scrambled eggs, then I clicked on Symmetrical View, and think, ah ha there it is, then we drill down with the Marquee Zoom tool and it just becomes clear, truly amazing.”
- Sara, Aqua Tots